Print and Web ResourcesRESESS 2017 Comprehensive Syllabus
- Hofmann, Angelika. Scientific Writing and Communication. New York: Oxford UP, 2010.
General Writing Resources on the Web
- The Writing Studio at Colorado State University
This website offers resources for both students and teachers and guides on both writing processes and specific types of writing. Topics covered range from grammar and style to English as a Second Language; the site includes an extensive set of web links. Note the guide on science writing, which offers useful information on poster sessions.
- The On-Line Writing Lab at Purdue University:
In addition to general coverage of writing issues, the site offers handouts on grammar, English as a Second Language (ESL), scientific writing, editing techniques, etc.
Writing Resources in Atmospheric Sciences and Solid Earth Sciences
- American Meteorological Society Author's Guide
- AGU Editorial Style Guide for Authors
- AGU Grammar and Style Guide
Web Resources on Poster Sessions
Resources on Stylistic Revision
- Gopen, George D. and Judith A. Sawn. “The Science of Scientific Writing.” American Scientist 78 (Nov-Dec 1990): 550-558. Available on-line at: