Week 1 – Initial Orientation
Monday, May 16
Overview of summer writing workshop activities; the conversational metaphor; getting started: developing a work plan and drafting a prospectus/mini-lit-review.
- Seven First Principles for our Communication Workshop [PDF]
- Peer Review: General Guidelines and Tips [PDF]
- The Rhetoric of the Research Article [PDF]
- Developing a Summer Work Plan [PDF]
- Writing a Prospectus (with a mini- Literature Review) [PDF]
Due Thursday, June 2 by noon:
- Develop a tentative project work plan (1 page) with your research mentor
- Write a short prospectus of your research project, that also incorporates reference to 2-4 articles or background readings (total of about 3 double-spaced pages).
- Send both documents to RESESS2016gmail.com
Due Friday, June 3 at Writing Workshop:
- Read and comment on prospectus/mini-lit-review drafts and work plan drafts from your peer review group
- Read chapter 10 in Hofmann, Scientific Writing and Communication, on introductions to articles